2013-03-04

(702) Much needed update

We are PCSing back to the states... We've only been stationed in Italy a little over a year.

In December, I attempted suicide by overdosing. My husband made me go to the emergency room. I had to stay at the hospital until they could get me a flight back to the states to an impatient psych ward. Just a few days before Christmas, I was discharged and I went to stay with my dad for a couple months.

I'm back in Italy right now helping my husband clear, mostly just doing household goods stuff (organizing, pre-packing etc). We leave soon and I can't wait to get out of here. We are going back to our last duty station.

A lot of people ask me what happened that caused me to feel that way and I basically just tell them that things got overwhelming for me here, which is true, but only scratches the surface. I don't think I'm ready to get into all of it on here. I haven't even really talked to my therapist about it.

I'm doing ok now, I am still dealing with depression, but I'm a lot better than I was.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that each day is a bit brighter for you than the day before.

    ReplyDelete