2012-04-26

(679) Dr's appointment

I met a doctor today at my appointment. The guy that is supposed to be my PCM had to cancel and they couldn't get a hold of me. I really liked him. He was very attentive and we talked about infertility. I feel very optimistic after seeing him. We've been trying for over a year now and nothing... We talked for a while about the different causes (male and female) and he wrote down a list of things for me to do.

I have to get my previous medical records. I got blood work done (thyroid, CBC, prolactin, FSH, LH, vitamin D, and cholesterol), more on that later. I had to schedule an appointment with radiology for an ultrasound, which does not sound fun at all (it's some type of ultrasound that goes in your vagina - NOT FUN sounding at all). I also have to tell my husband to get a sperm analysis. He's not going to like that one I know for sure. He'll probably procrastinate making the appointment.

Even though this doesn't sound like any fun, I am glad that a doctor finally listened to me and took some action. Hopefully we can figure out what's going on and hopefully we can fix it if there's something wrong. He actually wanted details on my cycles and asked a ton of questions. I wish I had brought a print out of my cycles. I have been keeping track since last May.

When I was getting my blood drawn I had a bit of an incident where my blood pressure dropped really low. I felt like I was going to pass out and I got really sweaty. I laid down in a reclining chair they had. They called in a bunch of people as a result (some protocol they have) and brought me some juice. When they re-checked my  blood pressure it was normal. Then they had to finish drawing the blood (he only got one tube done before I had the incident). I'm okay now, but still a little shaky and generally not feeling well (I also have a cold).


2 comments:

  1. Awe, good luck with everything. I am still in the infertility boat too... although my stuff is on hold right now and after 2 years I am glad to take the break. The doctors get VERY personal with you lol. I've had MANY of those trans-vag ultrasounds done before they are not so bad once you get used to them, I used to have them about every other day or so when they were monitoring my eggs. It all sounds so complicated and overwhelming at first but it gets easier. Hopefully whatever it is they can fix easily and you will be pregnant in no time! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! I hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete