2010-09-23

(575) MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #14

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In
  1. What characteristic about yourself has either been strengthened or weakened due to your experience as a Military Spouse? (from The Albrecht Squad)

    Patience has been strengthened. I am typically a very impatient person and I've had to learn that I have to wait for things, like knowing certain dates, hearing from the hubby, etc.

    My ability to deal with stress has been weakened. I already feel under enough stress with the deployment that when other things happen I kind of lose it. I just don't feel like I can handle anything else right now. I know I can because stuff happened the first half of the deployment (cat went missing, grandma died - mine and hubbys, uncle died). It just seems like I can't really handle anything else, but I guess you never know what you can handle until you have to deal with it.

  2. What is your favorite vacation spot and why? (from ‘Tis the Life of the Army Wife)

    The only place I've been on vacation is Myrtle Beach, SC. It was pretty nice, but I'd like to go somewhere tropical. Hawaii or somewhere south of the US.

  3. If you could have any fast-food restaurant in the food court on base/post what would you pick? (from The Only Pink in a House of Blue)

    Fast food always makes me sick. There are enough fast food places within 10 minutes of my house. If I could pick any restaurant to come to the area it would be Olive Garden. The closest one is over an hour away and it's my favorite restaurant. My husband and I went there after we got married (we did a super small ceremony).

  4. Where did you go on your honeymoon? (from Pennies from Heaven)

    We didn't have a honeymoon.

  5. If you could have any job in the world regardless of money, degree or experience, which job would you have and why? (from Proud to Be a Navy Family and The Calm Before The Storm)

    My dream job was to be an astronaut. From the time I was in elementary school I was fascinated with space and I've always wanted to know what it feels like to be in a weightless environment. The space program is extremely competitive and at this point I've accepted that I'll never be able to do this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment