2010-09-20

(571) Power of smell

I have the last civilian outfit Mike wore during RnR in our bed where he sleeps. I smelled his shirt and it still smelled like him. Immediately I got tears in my eyes. I'm really missing him right now. I wish I could talk to him but he's still asleep and even though he wouldn't mind being woken up, I wouldn't do that just because I miss him. I would rather he get his sleep. He would rather me call him because that man would do anything in the world to make me happy. He keeps saying how he wants to come back home and it just breaks my heart knowing I can't make that happen. I just want my baby home and in my arms.

On a funny note, our cat Leo sleeps on top of Mike's clothes on the bed and if I try to even touch Mike's clothes, Leo will bite or scratch at me as a warning (it doesn't hurt, it's just his way of telling me to back off). BTW I waited until he was fighting with Toad (my other cat) before I smelled Mike's shirt. Maybe Leo is trying to protect me from being sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment