2010-09-19

(568) Red Messages

I don't know if other units do this, but ours sends out red messages via email. The subject is like this: UNIT NAME Official Red Message (UNCLASSIFIED). A red message means someone was seriously injured or killed. To find out the details there's a pdf attached. This way you can choose whether or not you want to find out more information. If it was regarding our unit we would get a phone call telling us there was a red message in our email that way everyone got the same information. Although I like the way this is done, it makes it so you have the option of getting more information without displaying it right away. However, it makes me kind of sad to have these reminders of what's actually going on. Typically, I attempt to deceive myself and pretend that my husband is just on a training exercise or we're doing the long distance thing. It usually works... these emails kind of snap me back to reality. I feel so badly for the families affected by this. I can't even imagine what it is like. I tell you one thing, it makes me appreciate my husband even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment