2010-11-01

(616) Halloween

I originally had nothing planned for halloween but a few days ago my friend asked me if I wanted to come over for a gathering and then to go trick-or-treating. Let me back up...

This friend and I hung out a few times before I stayed at my dad's for a few months because my grandma died. When I came back, I saw her at a support group, zumba and an frg meeting and for some reason it was really awkward (for me anyway). I didn't really know what to talk about and after my grandma dying and my cat going missing, I realized I kind of shut myself out of the world and my social skills suffered. After the FRG meeting I just figured our friendship was over. Nothing actually happened minus the fact that I am so bad at social situations and couldn't even talk to her. Nothing to do with her at all, she's a really nice person, I just suck at these things.

Well a few days ago I decided to try and maybe start back our friendship for lack of a better phrase. I sent her a message on facebook asking if she wanted to get together. This way, if she didn't she could just ignore the message and there really wouldn't be any awkwardness (as would a face to face conversation entail). Well she responded and asked me to give her a call when I had a chance and she invited me over Sunday evening.

We had fun, she had a few other people over and that was a bit intimidating but then her and her friend (and the kids) went trick-or-treating. It was FREEZING. Afterwards we hung out with her other friend and brother and the kids. It was a little easier on me with the smaller group. Anyway two things came out of this:
1. I am pretty sure I caught a cold
2. I am glad my lack of social skills didn't completely ruin a friendship

And if you know me in person, please don't ever be offended if I don't talk that much. I am really bad at social situations, I never know what to really say. I'm trying to get better by exposing myself to more and more social events. I always feel so awkward and I'm never quite sure what I am supposed to be doing at a given moment.

So glad October is over, 1 month closer to see my <3

No comments:

Post a Comment