2010-10-08

(590) Eat, Pray, Love

I actually finished reading a book. I used to love reading. I did it all the time when I was younger, but being in college temporarily (I hope!) ruined it for me with all those required reading assignments. Well it's been 2 years since I've graduated college (holy crap!) and I have been wanting to enjoy reading again.

Well someone here started a book club and I attended the first time. We read "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. It was all right I suppose, there were a few things I could relate to. I once had a "David" in my life and it was not easy getting rid of him. Now I realize how stupid I was but at the time there were so many emotions involved.

I wish I jotted things down as I read this book because now I can't remember what my thoughts were and typically when I read the book, it was right before I fell asleep, so I didn't retain as much as I could have. I might re-read it because when I was reading it I was rushing through it to have it read by the time the book club met. (Although, I just finished it last night and the club met a week or so ago)

Most people at the meeting hated it and couldn't stand the author, but I felt differently. I feel inspired on a spiritual level by this book. Reading about her experience in India made me feel peaceful.

Oh and the cool thing, I got this book for free from a military website. They give you 10 books for free a year. http://www.militaryonesource.com/MOS/Tools/LibraryResources.aspx

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Thanks for the link up. I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete