2010-10-18

(601) The Trash Bin Incident

A few weeks ago, I noticed my garbage bin was missing. I called this the "trash bin incident". These suckers are $80 a pop and I was told to file a police report. So I did... they asked all sorts of random questions that had nothing to do with the incident. The MPs told me they would call me when they had the report finished. I filed the report on October 4. They said it would take about a week. Well... I received no call, so Saturday I went down but they said I could only get reports during the week. I went back today (two weeks later) and got my report. It's 8 10 pages long... all for a trash bin. I'm going to scan the report so that I have a copy and go to housing probably tomorrow. This whole thing raises a question... WHO IS LOW ENOUGH TO STEAL A TRASH BIN????? Really, of all things you could steal... how low do you have to be? I really hope I don't have to pay the $80 to get a new one because then this whole police business is for nothing.

5 comments:

  1. That's actually happened to us too, twice as a matter of fact. I'm starting to think its a common practice among base housing. We didn't file a report or anything, the first time housing was nice enough to just give us a new one. The second time we marked the trash can to know that it was ours (we tied string around the hinge of the lid) and found out after it was stolen it was the people who lived up the street that just pcs'ed. Turns out they didn't feel like washing out their nasty garbage can to pass their housing inspection, so they stole ours instead. Laaaaaame LOL. Hope you don't have to pay... because that's just unfair. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had stickers with our address on it... but it still got stolen. From now on (once I get my new one), I'm going to keep them in the garage. I kept them outside like everyone else, but I guess I shouldn't do what everyone else did. And I guess passing inspection is one reason... didn't think about that because I've never PCS'd before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People suck. Here up North, the rumor is petty crime is worse on post than off! Hope you don't have to buy a new one... or at least they let you use a cheap substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hated living on post for reasons like this. i mean really you know that trash can cost them like $10

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I went today and they still charged me for the damn thing. So what was the fucking point of filing a police report. What a waste of my time.

    ReplyDelete