2010-10-03

(583) Homecoming ... so far away

I am really glad that my hubby has the MOS that he has. I also think that I take this for granted. I haven't been able to find a way to balance my emotions and be supportive of my husband.

I posted to a page on facebook that I "liked" about feelings toward homecoming, which for us is months away.

Me: Does anyone else hate when their SO talks about homecoming when it's months away? I do because I get all excited at the thought and then I'm like disappointed because we still have X months left. Obviously I want him home but I know it wont be happening for a while...

Someone else: I get disappointed, especially when there is talk of them coming home early. But I know that's part of keeping him sane. Thinking about coming home and being with me and his family reminds him why he's doing this. I talk about it with him, make plans I know we won't keep, but I try not to let it get me down because I know that's the only thing he has to look forward to!

Nice to get a different perspective on things. Sometimes I just need to put my feelings aside and make him feel better, or at least try. I want him home more than anything but it's so far away right now, I just don't like to think about it. It feels good until you're brought back to reality where it's so far away still.

It's kind of funny because Mike always tricks himself into thinking there is less time left than what is actually left. Say there are X months left, he'll say there's X-2 left because he doesn't count the current month (even if it's the beginning like it is now) or the last month. Whatever helps him I suppose... I am a number person so I am very much aware of how many months, weeks, days are left.

No comments:

Post a Comment